Saturday, August 27, 2011

Window Treatments

Since Molly Elizabeth and I repainted our room this summer, we needed some new curtains/window treatments/shades of some sort. The curtains we had before were for looks, not functionality. This time I wanted to make something that could be lowered to cover the windows and wasn't just stationary. After looking at a few different options, I decided on London Shades, a variation on Roman blinds. My friend Barbi, who has experience in making blinds/shades, graciously volunteered to help me out. I've never made shades, so her expertise was invaluable! We made them start to almost finished in one day. It was so much fun to sew together!

The next day I added cording and a knot detail...


...and hung the shades.

Barbi and Susan Liana with our finished shades

I was thrilled with the way they turned out. Molly Elizabeth is still trying to decide if she likes the fabric. Oh, well, it's too late to change them now!

~Susan Liana


5 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad I could help! It was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbi, thanks for all of your help. It really was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are absolutely gorgeous, Susan Liana; elegant and yet so practical. i love it! ♥ and what fun to do it together with a friend. thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The elegant pictures of this post are massively looking just heart throbbing. This one is really looking fantastic information for me. Thanks for sharing some unique experienced post.

    curtains window

    ReplyDelete